Vic's Cafe was opened by Vic Buckley in 1942. The restaurant industry was booming and fueled by many people stationed in and visiting Camp Roberts. Vic passed away in 1972 and the restaurant was purchased by Larry and Jan Eastwood and moved to its current space in 1976. Larry retired from the restaurant, selling it to Brett Skinner and Dee Aud in 2018. The new owners are proud to continue the tradition of comfort food.